January 18, 2010

Words of Wisdom


"Because of reality television, everyone imagines they can just become a fashion designer, photographer, or model. That's not the way things work. Learn your craft."
Anna Wintour, Editor in Chief of Vogue

This is one of my favorite quotes that I have come across reading Vogue throughout the years...It is a statement that I hold very true to myself and those around me. It took me years to become a Stylist. Knowing what I wanted in life and how to get there were two completely different things. After working five years for the company, in five different departments, I found the one congruent feature they all held. Styling. It was the styling that gave me such great pleasure, the force that pulled me into the gorgeous structure adorned with art on the walls, marble on the floor, and eclectic one of a kind remixes trickling through the air. This was my calling. The career had been found and is now being lived, all because I took the advice of the great and talented Anna Wintour.
I suggest you do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment