October 12, 2010

Long Live McQueen!



Yes I write a fashion blog, yes I am a stylist, yes oh yes, I do love Alexander McQueen. There are very few designers that I would say are my "favorite" after all that word is thrown around so often that I feel it looses its credence. McQueen truly is a FAVORITE of mine.

Losing him in the fashion world was a blow that hit hard. When the news struck me I was half way through my scone, latte, and WWD when I received a call from a friend who had read the news from online. I was surprisingly filled with an emotion like a dear friend had passed. Never meeting Lee McQueen, I felt like we had many encounters, sometimes daily, as I fingered through his clothes to dress clients, adorning myself with my most prized fashion possession ( an olive scarf from his latest launch) or reading up on his latest Couture line. He was around more than you knew.



Seeing the latest collection, the first from his right hand woman Sarah Burton who is now at the helm of the dynasty that is McQueen, I was very overjoyed with her taking over the line. The video below says it all. I hope you love it as I do.


Cheerio chaps,

Ty

No comments:

Post a Comment