November 23, 2009

An End to Zen?

a Zen garden in a Kyoto Temple.


This Holiday season, life seems so frantic. Mostly because it is. Family, parties, events, dinners...when do you have time for yourself? Back in the 6th century, Japan adapted a type of "dry garden" also called a zen garden. Originally formed to give the aristocrats a place to enjoy entertainment and poetry, the Monks further adapted these gardens into a high couture art over 100's of years of Temple gardening. Emptying their minds of
worldly distractions.
Well, how I wish that the time to play with a stick rake and a couple of hot massage rocks was afforded to me. But because its not, I came across the little gem of an iPhone app, called iZen. Naturally. With this baby I can create my own zen garden anywhere I please. With the soothing sound (seriously, very tranquil) of wind chimes, you are able to add your own rocks, sand type, butterflies and more to your own private piece of real estate.
Not your cup of green tea? Try the Vera Wang Moonstone necklace on. As soon as I saw this, she reminded me of a zen garden. Large scatted stones screamingly framed by the gunmetal link chain, set on asymmetric black mesh. Picture the compliments you'll be raking in with this statement piece.



My clever garden..so at peace..
Vera Wang Moonstone necklace $650 niemanmarcus.com






No comments:

Post a Comment