September 28, 2009

Clad in Plaid!

Enough said. Always a notational pattern that Autumn is here, we celebrate the first few days with this post. Showing ways all members of the family can welcome this time of the year. The Sex and the City Movie enters my mind when I think about plaid accessories, how Charlotte is always shown jogging in Central Park wearing her Burberry ear muffs, walking her Cavalier King Charles family all wearing Burberry sweaters. Well, I dont know about you..that's real great for Char and the Upper East, but as I prefer more subtle smatterings of the fantastic pattern. Starting with the Little Marc Jacobs Romper! His new line is truly adorable, as if I was reluctant to kids before, now I must have! John Galliano knows just how to make me grin with his "Tailored to a Ty" fit. This woven is the poster child to Lux-Grunge. Flowing into a woman's wardrobe comes a Nanette Lepore Gigi wool skirt. Her A-symmetrical lines and "moth eaten" fabrications give an edge to this class. Forgetting our four legged family members? No, not talking about Aunt Patrice after three Dry Martinis, I happen to be speaking more along the lines of K-9. The fabulous Florence plaid check custom bed, quick to remind us why these little guys are mans best friend. And to keep the whole fam dry during those sweet smelling rain storms? We just had to take a leaf from the book of Charlotte York Goldenblatt and pick up Walker umbrella. With the Burberry double black lacquered handle, this piece of iconography will stand the test of time as does the classic check. Welcome to Fall!
Little Marc Jacobs $150 saks.com
Burberry $275 burberry.com
Dior Homme $420 saks.com
Nanette Lepore $298 net-a-porter.com
Florence Bed $1,584 bitchnewyork.com

1 comment:

  1. For starters... the little marc jacobs? Pretty sure that I just died... Also I am 97% sure I know which former college quarterback needed bronzer in your post below. I love what you and Brandon are doing! - Amanda

    ReplyDelete